Spring Semester 2018
Early bird price/student: $350
Regular price/student: $375
Spring Semester 2018 registration is now closed. Early bird registration for Fall Semester 2018 will open at 12 AM on Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
To be notified of the latest news regarding upcoming classes, sign up for email updates below.
Who should take this class?
Students ages 14+, who
Have successfully completed the Adult Beginner 101 and 102 class OR
* Students under 18 years old must have approval from a parent or guardian prior to enrolling.
* Students who have not previously taken the Beginner 101 and 102 class but are eligible for the Advanced class will be admitted on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire further here.
What do students learn?
- Proper use of được, rồi/đã, đang, sẽ, chưa, mà, còn
- Shopping and bargaining, slang, directions, colloquial responses
- Cultural study through folk tales and short stories
- Writing letters and postcards
- Critically analyzing short passages and articles
Each week focuses on different topics of conversation with supporting reading materials, vocabulary, and comprehension exercises.
To review our class policies, which include information on late registration, cancellations, and refunds, please click here.
Assessments will take the form of homework, in-class participation, and exams.
Class materials include the textbook Tiếng Việt, Vietnamese for Beginners: Volume 2 by Phan Văn Giưỡng, provided with enrollment. Students are expected to bring their own writing supplies, including paper, pencils, erasers, etc.
Class descriptions and scheduling are subject to change.
Review our CODE OF CONDUCT, cancellation and refund policies here.
View our other classes
A fundamentals class for children ages 6-13 introducing basic skills with fun activities and cultural lessons.
A continuing course for children ages 6-13 focused on honing existing language skills and expanding vocabulary.
An introductory course for students ages 14+ who have little to no prior experience or formal study with Vietnamese.
A continuing course for those ages 14+ who already know the basics but need to further develop fundamental skills.